January 22, 2024, 1 Comment
Strategic Approaches to Boosting SaaS Visibility: Effective Link-Building Tactics Unveiled
Art of Effective SaaS Link-Building for Greater Visibility
SaaS link-building is a crucial strategy through which we can improve audience visibility and their online presence. It involves taking high-quality backlinks from the website to improve organic traffic, increase search engine traffic, and boost conversion rates. There are many link-building strategies like guest posts and content assets. press release, social media promotion, link reclamation, outreach strategy, and many more. All these strategies and link-building tactics help in building a robust presence in their respective domains, ensuring that each aspect of a company’s online identity is enhanced and interconnected.
By employing a diverse array of link-building tactics, such as guest posts, content assets, press releases, and social media promotions, businesses can create a comprehensive network of high-quality backlinks. This network not only improves visibility on search engines but also fosters a sense of authority and trustworthiness in their industry. Link reclamation and targeted outreach strategies further solidify this presence by reinforcing existing links and establishing new ones. Altogether, these efforts culminate in a stronger, more cohesive online footprint, boosting organic traffic and ultimately, conversion rates.
Considerable SaaS businesses struggle to get links because their content is not worthy. No one intentionally wants to send their audience to a website that contains superficial content that simply scratches the surface. Investing some time and resources into building content that is distinctive and which gives you the perception that your audience doesn’t get easier.
Most common types of content
Here are the most common types of content you can create that will continue to build your links organically.
- Statistics and reports: These help them measure things efficiently, predict future trends, and understand the current state of the market. Everyone likes numbers so there will be many articles that will mention the numbers from your report and link.
- Guides: short articles take fewer backlinks while long articles or content takes 72% more backlinks.
- Glossary Pages: This is particularly valuable to newcomers in your target market. In this section, all the terms and phrases are described.
- Pillar-cluster content: This will help you to set your credibility within your niche. Within the area of expertise, you can create a web of content that touches upon every topic.
- Expert roundups: The conception of experienced professionals is quoted everywhere. If you create content by interviewing experts and professionals and collecting their opinions, you will easily get backlinks.
- Free tools: Target audience find or calculate a number that makes sense to them by free estimator and calculator. They are more likely to act on it because it adds a calculable point.
Also called blogging, simply means writing and publishing an article on someone else website. To reach a wider audience, improve search engine ranking, preferably within the same niche, and establish your brand as an authority. Moreover, the approach to vital link-building tactics that enhances your site’s backlink profile and contributes significantly to its SEO performance.
Setting up guest post strategy: It can take little attention, but things become easier once you have your process in place. There are the following points that should be considered while guest posting.
Get organized: The first thing to do is to create a spreadsheet to keep following guest posting efforts. it includes the following
- Website name
- MOZ domain authority
- Topics covered
- Guest post ideas
- Editors name
- Contact email
- Contact data
- Followup date
- Date accepted/rejected
- Post sent post published
- Guest post link
Find guest blogging opportunities:
Once you organized your data, then start searching for websites in your niche that accept guest posts. You might look for a broader set of sites or only focus on your specific audience, it all depends on how established your company is. Just remember that a backlink from a relevant site carries more weight than a backlink from one that isn’t relevant. Here’s a list of strings I’ve used on Google to find guest posting opportunities:
- Your keyword +” guest post by”
- Your keyword +”guest post”
- Your keyword+” write for us”
- Your keyword + “guest articles”
- Your keyword + “contributing writer”
Using tools like the Ahrefs free backlink checker, you just enter your competitor’s website URL. You’ll ultimately get a list of all the websites that have linked back to them.
Send your pitch:
If you send the same pitch to every outlet your guest post will reliably get rejected Each week editors receive hundreds of pitches, so, chances are they’ll hit that delete button right away if you send a generic guest post pitch. There are a few things to consider when preparing your pitch:
Read the submission instructions. If you are not following instructions properly editor may think that you are not serious about the opportunity. This includes everything from avoiding pitching topics to the requested format they have said they do not accept
Check their already published content: Don’t pitch those articles that they already have covered. The only omission is only in the case if what they have extraordinarily outdated topic.
Include work sample: As a sample, add links to 2-3 relevant articles you have previously published.
Give them options: Relevantly include multiple topics that they can choose from. To show that you are pitching about specific areas of expertise, they should all be on a variable theme
Include a description of each topic: Take 1-2 sentences to describe the pitch. so that the editor can judge the potential of the pitch
Keep it brief: Introduce yourself in a short, mention why are you reaching out and what the objective behind?, link the sample of your previous work, and also include the pitches.
Send a follow-up email
A few points are kept in mind while sending follow-up emails.
- Use the same thread
- Be brief
- E-mail early
- Only follow-up once
- Do not email too soon
Write your guest post:
Getting your pitch accepted does not guarantee publication, you still need to bring your A-game. So here are some ingredients for a successful guest pot.
- Follow guidelines
- Replicate their style
- Write something unique
- Include internal links
- Include links to your sites
- Check your grammar and spelling
- Include images
Thank the editor and reply to the comments
Once your guest post has been published, make sure that you send an email to an editor to thank them for the opportunity but it can take several weeks or months. If the client’s website comments take the time to respond to people’s or enabled comments as they enroll. As soon as your post goes live you can leave the comment. This tip also works for social media posts related to your guest post and how the host promotes content.
Promote your guest post on social media
Both your host and you get benefits by hyping your guest post on your active social media account. Your host will get additional promotion of their website and you will build even more visibility of your brand. Create thoughtful social media posts and tag your host in them and also post some highlights of your main takeaways. Consider including your guest post if you have a regular rotation of content you like to promote on social media. This practice will lead you to professional support or more guest posts down the road by building an ongoing relationship with your host.
Link to your guest post from other guests
This is kind of an ongoing process. You are often ok with more links to other authoritative websites but most publications will only allow you to include 1-2 backlinks to your site. You can use this as a benefit, the more links point to your page, the stronger the link from that page is. Through linking those guest posts from other guest posts to boost their ranking If you have several guest posts that link to your website.
Broken link building:
By replacing and identifying competitors’ broken links with your valuable resources, you can build relationships with other site owners and improve your website authority, thus enhancing ranking.
Art of broken link building
Broken link building is a white hat SEO technique that involves repairing and finding broken links on other websites. This process needs to identify nonexistent or dead data resources on high-authority websites, by creating relevant content to replace broken links and reaching out site owner to replace the link.
Advantage of broken link building
- Boost your website’s authority: Obtaining backlinks from high authority helps to set your website as a valuable resource in the industry
- Enhance your search engine ranking: If you have more quality backlinks on your site, the more likely it is to rank higher in search engines.
- Building relationships with other site owners: The outreach process in broken link building can lead to long-term partnerships and advantageous collaboration with other industries.
Competitor link analysis:
You look at the link-building tactics to gain insights by evaluating the link profiles of major competitors. This can lead to higher rankings in search engines and increased business outcomes if you implement some of these strategies. Performing this kind of analysis allows you to find sites that commonly link to websites similar to yours. If you look at well-ranking competitors and they have a lot of the same links, those links may be the ones helping them to rank.
Here are 3 steps through which we can perform competitor link analysis.
- Identify your competitors: You can use tools or search engines like Semrush and Ahrefs’ Site Explorer to find a list of sites ranking for the same things you are.
- Find common links: In Site Explorer use the link intersect report to get a list of all the referring domains that your competitors have and show how many different competitors have links from those sites as you.
- Identify competitor strategies: To see the type of sites where competitors are getting links look for patterns in the data. You may see things like local websites, niche sites, and local listings.
Leveraging your assets:
Carefully go through your existing website content for pages and assets that lend themselves to link-building tactics and opportunities. Resources like client lists, online tools, case studies, other software or data assets, and reports on your site help you to authenticate your level of expertise and authority. Carefully, reach out to journalist and industry websites to highlight these resources as advantageous to their audience and secure backlinks where appropriate. Leveraging your assets is a great way to build links for your SaaS business. Here are some ways to do it:
- Create valuable content: Produce relevant and high-quality content that provides value to your target audience. This could be in the form of case studies, blog posts, whitepapers, or how-to guides. Share your content on other relevant platforms and on social media to attract backlinks from authoritative websites.
- Offer free tools: Develop authentic and free tools that can solve a problem for your target audience. This could be in the form of generators, calculators, or templates. Share your tools on other relevant platforms and social media so that more audiences can benefit from them.
- Participate in webinars: In your industry participate in webinars hosted by other companies. Share your field of expertise and knowledge with the audience and include a link to your website in your presentation or bio. Utilize existing statistics from Statista, Google News, and other sources to create an organized piece of statistics or trends.
You can build high-quality backlinks that drive traffic to your website and improve your search engine ranking by leveraging your assets.
Avoid buying backlinks:
It’s important to avoid schemes focused on exchanging paid links and avoid buying links or participating in link networks. These artificial link-building tactics can lead to algorithmic penalties and also violate Google’s quality guidelines. Focus your efforts on earning organic backlinks by providing value, outreach, and high-quality content. organic earned links are ideal for the long term while paid links can help short-term traffic.
Buying backlinks for your website is not recommended. Search engines can authorize it, and it is considered a black hat SEO tactic. From reputable resources, you can focus on building quality backlinks that are already trusted by search engines. From trusted, authoritative websites with a high domain ranking (DR) score quality backlinks are Do-follow links. You can use tools such as Ahrefs or MOZ to calculate any site’s DR. The higher the quality of a backlink, the higher the DR.
Those link-building strategies that promise fast results with minimum investment in time, effort, and money should be avoided. These strategies can do more harm than good, and some of them are considered black hat SEO tactics. For example, Private Blog Networks (PBNs). These are the scheme that involves creating a network of websites or blogs with the sole purpose of linking back to your site. It is not only unethical but also risky, as search engines can easily detect them and penalize your site. Instead, focus on building natural, organic backlinks from high-quality sources that are relevant to your niche.
Identify ones creating high-value content for your target customers. Reach out to introduce yourself and highlight expertise, unique data, or content that you can provide to your target audience. Offer to contribute resources, insights, or statistics for their upcoming reports or articles in exchange for backlinks and mentions from their site.
Influencer outreach is a marketing strategy that involves contacting, partnering, and vetting with online influencers or personalities to promote your brand or product to their vast following. The goal of influencer outreach is to get influencers to verify your business by testing your products, promoting your brand, and positively reviewing your services.
Here are some steps you can follow to create an effective influencer outreach campaign:
Steps for influencer outreach
- Define your goals: Determine what you want to achieve with your influencer outreach campaign, such as driving traffic, to your website, increasing brand awareness, or want to boost sales.
- Identify your target audience: Identify influencers who can help you reach them and the audience you want to reach.
- Find the right influencers: Use influencer marketing platforms, Google searches, and social media to find influencers who have a large following and can align with your brand.
- Reach out to influencers: Send direct messages or personalized emails to influencers, by introducing yourself and your brand, and explain to them why you think they would be a good fit for your campaign.
- Negotiate terms: With the influencer discuss the terms of your partnership, such as content, compensation, timeline, and requirements.
- Track your results: Adjust your strategy as needed and monitor the performance of your influencer outreach campaign.
Out-dated links from previous content that previously pointed to your domain can go waste over time. Identify and monitor pages that have removed or changed previously existing backlinks pointing to your site. For the outdated or broken link, contact the site webmaster, and request they restore it or replace it with an alternative high-value page on your domain. Reclaiming these lost links helps recover authoritative sources.
Link reclamation is the process of recovering lost backlinks to your website. It can happen for various reasons, such as when pages are moved or deleted and when a website is redesigned and changes its URL structure. Here are some steps you can follow to reclaim lost backlinks:
steps for link reclamation
- Find lost links: Use a tool like Ahrefs Site Explorer and you can take results within the past 7 days,30 days, and 60 days.
- Contact the website owner: Be polite and professional and reach out to the web owner and editor to ask them to update the link.
- Track your progress: Keep tracking your progress by using a spreadsheet and Ahref Explorer.
Creating press releases highlighting company news, key hires, product launches, awards, or milestones can provide link-building opportunities. Utilizing press releases as a part of your link-building tactics can significantly enhance the promotion of your SaaS solution and build valuable backlinks. The most effective strategy for SaaS link building is to use PR campaigns to secure high-quality backlinks from high-authority websites.
The article recommends employing the HARO (Help A Reporter Out) strategy as an effective link-building tactics within PR campaigns. This responds to queries from journalists and bloggers who are looking for expert opinions and insights on various topics related to your SaaS solution. There is another way to use PR campaigns we can submit press releases to well-known reputable directories that feature important articles and journals. So by effective communication and marketing, we can buildrnalist and can lead to more opportunities for backlinks.
Visibility and readers link increases by promoting and sharing your content across social media platforms. Encourage followers to share assets, blog posts, and other content across their social channels. These social shares and engagements also serve as social signals that can promote your perceived authority. Social media can be used for promotional activities like WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
To promote your SaaS press release on social media, you can follow these tips:
- Create a catchy headline: Your headline should be attention-grabbing, short, and informative, and attract readers to click through to your website.
- Use visuals: Visuals such as videos, images, and infographics can help your press release stand out on social media. They can also help to convey complex information in an easy-to-understand format.
- Use hashtags: Hashtags can help your press release reach a wider audience on social media. Use relevant hashtags that are popular in your industry or niche.
- Share on multiple platforms: Share your press release on multiple social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Each platform has its strengths and weaknesses so adjust your message accordingly.
It is important to remember that link-building is an ongoing process that requires effort and time. By implementing a combination of effective link-building tactics such as creating valuable content, actively engaging in outreach efforts. Leveraging partnerships, SAAS companies can increase credibility and gain more organic traffic. It is important to monitor competitors’ activity and up to date with industry trends and use strategies accordingly. The goal is not to accumulate links but to generate authoritative links that can gain the interest of customers and search engines.
We trust that these link-building tactics will be instrumental in enhancing your strategy, significantly boosting your online presence.
What are some white hat link-building tactics for SAAS companies?
Recommended organic tactics include content marketing, guest posting, influencer outreach, leveraging and brand assets, broken link-building services, site interlinking co-marketing partnerships, and other manipulative tactics.
What are link-building campaigns?
Link building is a search engine optimization technique that increases your search engine ranking. Links are the primary ways that search engine algorithms determine the relevance of a page. Having a good number of links on a page is considered to be relevant. Implementing effective link-building tactics is essential to strengthen this strategy Further elevating your page’s relevance and visibility in search engine rankings.